Our mission is parallel and aligned with the UH Cancer Center, to reduce the burden of cancer in Hawaii and the Pacific Islands by:
- accurately identifying those at high risk of cancer
- reducing cancer risk through novel interventions
- early detection of cancers in their most treatable and survivable state.
The AI PHI seeks to fulfill this mission by:
- validating AI cancer risk and detection models in our population with its unique ethnic and cultural qualities
- develop AI models using data from our region when other models are found to be inadequate
- supporting the use of AI in our region for cancer-related projects by offering pilot project funding
- provide technical support and physical resources to students and faculty to accomplish their pilot projects
- collaborate with academic and industry partners that support our mission.
AI PHI Partners in Academics
- University of Hawaii High Performance Computation (HPC) Center
- University of Hawaii Data Science Institute